Thursday, February 18, 2021

Morningstar: Chapter 22: Morning Star

 

Chapter 22: Morning Star

 

          I found some stale cookies someone had stashed in a drawer and between the cookies, popcorn, and orange juice, we were feeling a little better.  My mom came down just as we were leaving and said she was going to fix dinner, and it would be ready in about an hour.  Just enough time to get around the block and review the Morningstar section.

          “That’s perfect.  Thanks mom.”

          “We’ll set the table when we get back;” added Amanda as we walked out the door.

          “Don’t worry about it, I’ll have T.J. take care of it;” yelled my mom just as we were closing the door.

          We had a nice quick walk around the block.  Mrs. Pearson, Molly and Jack passed us on the other side of the street.  We all waved as we walked by.  She looked like she would have liked to have hurried across the street to visit, but a couple cars passed just then, removing her opportunity as we turned the corner.  I was a little relieved and justified my feelings because we had decided to visit her next weekend.

          When we got home, we went right to the den.  This section had looked really, really long at first glance.  I pulled Bobby’s journal back up on the computer and went right to this section planning to print it out for each of us but then realized what it contained.

          “This is weird.  There is just a little narrative from Bobby, the rest of this is calculations for when the planet Mercury can be seen in the early morning, in Logan, ten years ago.  I don’t know how that helps us. 

          The rest are just a couple notes: “The Morningstar is associated with ancient gods of goodness and healing in many parts of the world.  Greece, Rome, Central America, and the Middle East in particular.”  He then has underlined, “Everything works by the power of the Morningstar!

          I guess that’s it for this section.  I don’t know what to say; but let me print the letters out and we can talk about them this week at school.”  At that time, I printed out two copies of each letter and gave a copy to D’Lisa and another to Amanda.  “Please don’t share these with anyone.”

          “Don’t worry, we won’t,” responded Amanda.

          “No worries;” Added D’Lisa.

          “GIRLS, COME TO DINNER;” my mom called.

          “Let me call my mom for a ride, I’ll have her come over in about 45 minutes.  That should give us enough time to eat and help clean up.”

          “Do you think I can get a ride too?” asked D’Lisa.

          “I’ll ask my mom; but I’m sure you can.”

          After a quick call home, Amanda said; “No problem, she’ll get us in about forty minutes.  Let’s go eat.”

No comments: