Saturday, February 6, 2021

Gluten free oat bread. I've been working on it for years, finally a gluten free bread my wife likes and asked me to save the recipe.

 Add into a mixer or food processer... something stout enough to mix a light bread dough. 

4 large eggs

3 cups oat flour (or corn meal)

1/2 cup olive oil

1/2 cup honey (if you can, local is best)

1 cup milk.  You can use dairy, but you can also use milk substitutes such as almond, soy, or flax.  My wife is going off dairy and I used almond milk

1 tbsp. chia seed

1 tbsp. hemp seed

1 tbsp. corn meal (or rolled oats)

mix well

add 1/2 cup boiling hot water

mix well, but not long

add 2 tbsp yeast

mix well

pour into two bread pans, sprayed in oil, or you can just oil the sides and bottom.  I prefer a spray oil

Allow to rise for about 1 1/2 hours.  Cover with a cloth but you will want to make sure the dough does not rise so much as to touch the cloth.

Place into an oven preheated to 350 degrees.  Allow to bake for about 35 minutes or until you can put a knife in and it comes out without any dough.  Just a little moisture is fine.

No comments: