Saturday, March 6, 2021

Morningstar: Chapter 30: Jason’s Hand-Written Note

 

Chapter 30: Jason’s Hand-Written Note

 

When Dave and Karen turned the last page of the typed binder, they found another hastily written and barely legible hand-written note.  Some of the words were indecipherable.

This is Jason.  Anna…. …. to write …. happened so ……. …. will know in …. we don’t make it back ……. you miss us.  Anna is …. supplies together before we …..

I woke up …. early to the sound of …. pounding on the door.  At first, I thought it was a tree limb hitting the house; but the wind …. died ……..  When I opened the …. there was this frantic blond ….. 

          All she said ….; where’s Anna?

          I pointed …. …. den, closed …. …. and followed her in.  She’d obviously never been here …. she was looking around ……. …. until she noticed the …. open door to the bedroom.  She just burst in, grabbed Anna and …. shaking her.

          I was in the doorway of …. …..

          Wake up, Sid bonded out of jail late yesterday...  Some organization put up the whole... bucks.  My mom thinks it …. …. they could …. get rid of him …. so, he couldn’t talk about...  My mom …. she believes he’s …. here to kill her and me and you, maybe Amanda...  Me and my mom went to a hotel last night.

          Anna, Beth, and Amanda were all sitting …. …. by this time …. Anna asked; Why?

          Revenge, spite, …. be so stupid.  It doesn’t matter with ……. like this.

          Why are you …. us? …. Anna.

          I still hate all of you; but now …. I know this … thing isn’t any of your fault I …. couldn’t live with myself if I knew and you got killed.  I …. in bed most of the …. telling myself it just wasn’t.… …. my business …. happened to you.  I couldn’t take it …. …. so, I took my mom’s car …. …. came over here.  Lucky for you I ……. where the old …. house is.  Anyway, I’m …. here and you’d …. be outta here …..

          I don’t …. any of you are going anywhere.  I ……. a deep rusty voice behind me in the...  When I …. around an …. rough looking man with a gun pointed at me …. …. there.  Some …. all of the …. screamed.  “Come ……. out girls,” he ordered the girls to …. out of the ……., …. with his gun.  The blond came first.  I noticed but don’t …. the intruder saw Anna grab something from an open …..  The blond was between Anna’s …. and the man.  Amanda then Beth …..

          The ……. …. the blond by the hair and yanked her …. him as he ……. back …. the wall, …. us to stand there in the …. of the den.  She was crying, begging him not to …. her.  He demanded to …. where her mom …. and she just …. her …..

          He ……. the gun to his left hand …. holding on to her hair with the ……. hand.  With his right hand he …. out a knife and …. her he was “going to …. her pretty face if she didn’t ……. him.”  Then it got …. crazy.  I don’t understand …. Anna said by the time you read this you’ll …..

          The wall behind …. …. disappeared.  The gun went off and I …. Anna was dead because she just fell …. on the couch.  Two …. fierce darker looking …. dressed in what looked like …. just seemed to appear …. behind the old guy at the same time the …. disappeared.  They looked …. freaked out, one of them …. …. kind of knife and he cut the old …..  The old …. still had …. …. of the blond and turned and I …. he was going to shoot the …. who had …. cut him but he got cut again, stumbled, and dropped …. gun.  The coat he was …. was cut at the same time and ……. …. clip fell out.  The old guy struck his …. and the knife his …. was …. fell to the floor.  All the girls …. Anna were screaming.  she had only fallen.

          Beth, then Amanda grabbed the blond and tried to pull her …. from the old guy, I tried to …. the girls but all the sudden …. old guy fell over …. through where the wall should have been, pulling the …. with him.  Beth and Amanda still had …. of the blond and they …. fell through the hole in the wall.  One of the …. men then grabbed the blond.  Beth and Amanda let go.  I could see the old guy fighting with his …. and the blond was still screaming and …. with the man who now had a hold of...  Beth and Amanda …. hitting the guy who had the ……. and he hit Beth and knocked her down …. …. did the same to Amanda.

          I checked on …. and …. her still breathing.  There was a cordless ……. on the …. and I grabbed it to …. 911; but there still ……. any power.

          Something happened that I couldn’t see …. …. was a lot of noise and it looked like the old …. got hit with some type of …. and just fell to the ground.  The man who had …. fighting with him ….. started limping, running …. Beth and Amanda then …. startled and yelled …. to the guy who …. the blond. 

          Anna just came in and …. her name is Bekah and the old …. is ……..  She said you’d know …. that …..  Anyway Beth and Amanda were …. lying on the ground and the other two …., ……. Bekah and started running to where I could see they had …..  They threw her on …. of the horses than …. of them got on with her and the other one …. on the other horse and they …. …..  Beth and Amanda then struggled to …. …. and took off running disappearing …. of view into …. bushes.  I then saw another group of men on horses …. after …. first two who took Bekah.

          I was about to …. to run through the hole after Beth and Amanda …. I …. Anna say, wait.  I about …. out of my skin. 

          Anna struggled into her …. and then came out and just said; we’ve got a few …..  We should get some supplies …..  We might be gone for a …..  Grab your things, and the gun, and extra ammunition.  I’ll get some clothes, food, and …. …. I can find.”  She then handed me a …. of paper and asked; would you please write …. everything that …. this morning so our parents will know …. we went?  Portal open …. couple days.

That’s what I’m doing.  Anna grabbed a binder and said …. ……. this in the binder and then we’re going after them.

No comments: