Friday, November 19, 2010

Top 10 myths about job interviews - Nov. 18, 2010

Top 10 myths about job interviews - Nov. 18, 2010: "FORTUNE -- Dear Annie: I graduated from college last spring and, after taking a few months off to take care of some family business, I'm looking for my first 'real' job. I've been lucky enough to get several interviews, and they've gone pretty well, but I have to say, I'm kind of mystified. While I was still in school, I read a bunch of books about how to prepare for a job interview, and one thing they all said was that interviewers would be well prepared and ask probing, detailed questions.
Instead, I'm finding that, not only do my interviewers so far seem to have few questions beyond 'Tell me about yourself,' but they haven't even read my resume (short as it is, at this point). Am I just running into some weird companies, or is this par for the course? --Ivy League"

No comments: