Friday, September 10, 2010

Remember discretion during job search | NJ.com

Remember discretion during job search NJ.com: "When I was head of human resources at TV Guide, I frequently met with candidates I was recruiting over breakfast at a restaurant near my office. One morning while I was having breakfast with a prospective candidate, in walks one of our employees and he sits down at a table with a recruiter I knew.
Up until that moment I had no idea he was looking at other opportunities. Moments like that are jokingly referred to as 'career limiting moves.' Now that I knew this employee was actively job hunting, I had to begin considering how I would fill his position if he left. Raises, promotional opportunities are off the table, reserved for employees expected to stay around for a while."

1 comment:

covering letter said...

Hello,

Thanks for the post.
help for the job seekers.
see cover letters to get a job:
http://www.bestcoverletters.com/cover-letters/Accounting